Monday, July 25, 2016

Regan Family News Vol 2 #10

Here is the link to RFN Vol 2 #10 December 1964

Hi Family and Happy Summer 2016 to you all!

I know, you've been waiting for this post with baited breath since the most recent one posted back during the dark days of last winter. There are a couple of reasons why I've been on hiatus.

First, Diane and I spent 2+ months touring South America. We learned long ago that it's summer in the southern hemisphere when it's winter here, and I've finally gotten wise enough to take advantage of that fact. (Interesting tidbit: It's true!). Anyway, here's a photo of a penguin from the Falkland Islands: (To see more click here).



Also, this whole blogging business is a bit confusing to me. I got into this for the purpose of making this valuable document, The Regan Family News, available to my kids. Our paper copies are getting old and I fear they'll someday be lost. It's now nice to know they are preserved for future research, but I'm dismayed that they are, frankly, hard to find. The domain name is not memorable so I fear that these posts will also get lost. It's a dilemma and I'll continue to work to solve it.

Finally, I'm nearing the finish line in posting the RFN. There aren't many issues left and the remaining issues seem to be a bit dry and lacking in good information. Nevertheless, I'll soldier on and work to complete this project

As always, your opinions are valued so be sure to send them along.


This is the Christmas edition of the RFN 

and Ross goes all in. The cover is a simple, lovely drawing by Sarah Postier. Unfortunately, I had to use grey scale to upload this edition so the colors are not featured. I hope you have access to the original because it is beautiful

Ross takes the opportunity to write a Christmas message remembering a trip to the Holy Land and wishing peace to all. We're off to a happy, uplifting start!

NEWS

Rosemary T. Bohm
Peter lost his sister-in-law (Vera's sister) Rosemary. The funeral Mass was at St. Anselm's Church, 4th Avenue Brooklyn, a longtime parish of the Regan Family.

Joan Wellington
There is an update on Joan's condition. She was struggling mightily at this time. I had little contact with Joan, Harry, and Brian through the years. If anyone is able to tell more of Joan's story I would welcome the input on these pages.

From the Manhassett Peter Regans
There was a nice reunion if the Peter Regan family in Buffalo! Again, I have no contact with Peter's progeny so I welcome any contact information of stories anyone might have.

The Roy Johnstons
Lot's of talk of Thanksgiving and hunting! Tis' the season!

From Helen Gundersen
Good to read and hear the voice of my godmother, Helen. She and Ray were very close to our family and this was a nice report to review.

The final page is devoted to Ross explaining some new editing procedures and telling the story of Sarah's cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment