Saturday, September 26, 2015

Regan Family News Vol. 2 #8


Here is a link to RFN Vol 2 #8 August-September, 1964


I continue to do light genealogical research and have found it to be most interesting. As I've mentioned earlier, I haven't discovered many ancestors other than those who have already been documented, especially here by Ross, but I have found a few new cousins on the Leddy side. If you haven't done family research, I recommend you to give it a try and don't forget to share your Regan family knowledge with us all! It's great fun.


I have learned that all 8 of my great-grandparents were Irish immigrants and I have located their Brooklyn and Queens grave sites. Well, all except for the graves of John and Mary Broderick, Nellie Regan's parents. I can't find any information about them despite what Ross has mentioned in Volume 1 #1. They remain a mystery as records of their existence in NY seem difficult to come by. A trip to the New York City Archives is my mission, so let's hope for the best.


This issue of the Regan Family News follows the most interesting of Ross' publications and, by comparison, it's rather lackluster. Nevertheless, there's always a smile or memory involved, so take a look!


Meanwhile, Diane and I are enjoying a week on the beach near Scituate, Ma. where we were able to visit Maggie and see her concert with the Cape Ann Symphony Orchestra. We went whale watching and saw this:




Happy Fall 2015 everyone!



RFN Vol. 2 #8 in a nutshell


NEWS


  • We begin with difficult news regarding Joan Wellington's health. I wasn't close to my cousin Joan, but I have memories of her being unwell at this time. My family search records indicate that she passed in 2005, so she remained with us for many more years than I knew. And it seems that her husband Harry pre-deceased her by 2 years. I don't know what became of Bryan. We met a few times as kids and got along well. If anyone would like to add more information, please feel free to comment below.
  • Greg Mulherin enters 1st grade and other fun Mulherin items
  • The Gundersen's summer at Lake George (again)
  • John and Elberta Regan spend time in Clayton
  • John Regan, Jr does great work in California
  • Tom Regan's family swims!

TALK TO EACH OTHER

This is like "letters to the editor". The 2 Helen's; Gundersen and Mulherin write their thoughts to share with us all. Helen G recommends the World's Fair.

OUR COVERS

Ross provides insight into his artwork

ARE YOU MISSING ANY RECENT RFN ISSUES?

Self explanatory. Now we know we just have to click on the link at the top of this page!

RFN REFLECTIONS

Words of Wisdom from our editor, Roswell Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment